Latest News Headlines
On-Air Now
Listen Live

Family escape Christmas Day fire

Thu, 27 Dec 2012

A family in Douglas had a lucky escape on Christmas Day after a candle display caught fire.

Fire crews were called to the property in Ashlar Drive in Union Mills just after 5.30pm.

The decoration had been left burning on the dining room table after Christmas dinner.

Firefighters brought the blaze under control and dealt with smoke logging to the property.

Two family members were given oxygen therapy for the effects of smoke inhalation but were not taken to hospital.


Subscribe to get Energy FM News direct to your mobile device

You can get Energy FM News delivered direct to your mobile device using one of the following methods.

  • In the Apple News App on iOS search for Energy FM IOM and then just add it to your favourites
  • In the Google News & Weather App just search for Energy FM and then add us as a customised section
  • If you use an RSS Reader then just add our feed to your app, click here for our news RSS feed