Latest News Headlines
On-Air Now
Listen Live
Facebook

Dishwasher starts fire in Union Mills

Wed, 11 Oct 2017


Fire crews were called out to tackle a kitchen fire at a property in Union Mills.

A team from Douglas fire station was dispatched at 2.20pm yesterday, while staff at the site ensured the building was evacuated.

Officers determined a dishwasher was the cause of a small fire and quickly extinguished the flames before checking the surrounding area.

There was a small amount of smoke logging, which crews remained at the scene to vent for around 35 minutes.

Bookmark and Share

 

 

Subscribe to get Energy FM News direct to your mobile device

You can get Energy FM News delivered direct to your mobile device using one of the following methods.

  • In the Apple News App on iOS search for Energy FM IOM and then just add it to your favourites
  • In the Google News & Weather App just search for Energy FM and then add us as a customised section
  • If you use an RSS Reader then just add our feed to your app, click here for our news RSS feed